Fort Berthold Energy Partners Scholarship
The North Dakota Petroleum Council (NDPC) and its Energy of North Dakota initiative are excited to partner with Missouri River Resources, Baker Consulting, and J & J Rentals to create the Fort Berthold Energy Partners scholarship program for deserving enrolled members of the MHA Nation pursuing an education and/or career in energy.
This scholarship will offer a $2,000 scholarship for up to two qualifying individuals in its inaugural year. High school students graduating or current college students may apply.
To be ELIGIBLE for the scholarship, students must:
- Have graduated from high school within the previous two school years;
- Be an enrolled member of the Three Affiliated Tribes and current North Dakota resident;
- Be pursuing an energy-related major;
- Have a GPA of 3.0 or higher; and
- Remain a full-time college student for the Fall Semester of 2017 and the Spring Semester of 2018.
To apply for the scholarship, applicants must SUBMIT the following:
- High school or college transcripts;
- A one-page essay on career plans in their chosen major, and provide the following information:
- Background about yourself.
- Why you are deserving of this scholarship.
- Your career plans in your chosen major.
- Where you see yourself in five years.
- A letter of reference reflecting on the student’s general character, work ethic, etc. from a teacher or employer.
- Completed Ft. Berthold Energy Partners Scholarship form for current high school students.
DEADLINE: Applications must be postmarked by June 1, 2017. You can submit all materials electronically to [email protected]
DOWNLOAD THE FORM